Mummysmilk.com is an official distributor of the Maya Pouch in Singapore.
Can't get the hang of adjusting a ringsling? Want to have the convenience of just "loading" baby in a carrier and go? Then the Maya Wrap Adjustable Pouch is the baby carrier for you!
The Maya Wrap Adjustable Pouch comes in the same beautiful 100% cotton Guatemalan handloomed fabric as the Maya Wrap Slings without the rings. It is a double-folded tube which you also put across your torso before setting baby in.
We strongly recommend this carrier for those of you who want to wear your baby in a beautiful sarong-style carrier, but find adjusting a ringsling troublesome.
Features of the Maya Wrap Adjustable Pouch:
1. Easy - Simply adjust the zippers to fit your size, slip it on and set your baby inside. Nothing could be simpler.
2. Sleek design - If you don't want extra fabric or a tail, this is the baby carrier for you.
3. Convenient - Small enough to fit in a diaper bag or purse. There is no need for a bulky awkward stroller when you have a Maya Pouch.
4. Multi-sized - Available in 3 sizes. Your Pouch is adjustable over a range of 5 settings. All you need to do is unzip your Pouch and rezip it on a different setting.
5. Great for Mom and Dad - The sizes on the Adjustable Pouches overlap in size, so Mom AND Dad may be able to wear the same pouch.
6. Safe - Zippers have been safety tested to withstand in excess of 70 kg. In the unlikely event that a zipper should fail or come unzipped, your Pouch is designed so that it cannot completely open. The pouch will merely lengthen to the largest setting.
7. Versatile - The pouch can be used in many different carries including: Lying down / breastfeeding, Snuggle hold, Kangaroo, Hip carry, and Back carry.
8. Long-lasting - The pouch can accommodate your child as he grows from infancy to toddlerhood, thanks to the adjustable settiings.
Here's what one of our satisfied customers has to say:
I used the Maya Pouch when my baby was a newborn. It proved to be an indispensable mothering accessory. It was easy to use - I only had to slip the baby inside. Unlike a sling, I didn't have to adjust any tails. The pouch kept her snug and because it was so comfortable, she slept 'in arms' for most of the
time, waking only to nurse. This, I believe, is an ideal position for newborns in the early weeks as they adjust to life outside the womb." - Pat Chong
Maya Pouch Instructional Video
No thread is guaranteed colorfast. Your Maya Pouch has been prewashed so the color should not bleed. However, we strongly recommend that you test your Maya Pouch before you first use it, especially if you have ordered fabric colors 22, 44, 63 or 65. Press a moist white cloth or cotton ball against your Maya Pouch. If there is any dye transfer, you may try to set the color by soaking the wrap in water to which you have added 4 tablespoons of white vinegar and 4 tablespoons of salt. Salt can corrode the finish on your rings, so please protect them. Soak for a couple of minutes, remove from the water and allow it to line dry. If it still bleeds, rinse in cold water until the bleeding stops. Using hot water or a steam iron can reactivate the dyes and could cause more bleeding.
Caring for your pouch is easy. Just wash and hang to dry.
Small - slender build and height < 1.65m
Medium - average build and/or height > 1.65m
Pls contact us if you are not sure which size to choose.